Friday, August 29, 2014
Challenge : 3 in 1
This is one layout which i did using prompts from 3 different challenges :
I also tried to do some water-coloring and hand-stitching using embroidery floss.
here is my LO :
for my kraft elements : i used 2 birds, a border on the top and the big heart. also used a light kraft color patterned paper as my background.
for my messy painted buttons : i painted white buttons to include purple, green and gold. this is what i did :
purple buttons : i used alcohol ink - eggplant and cranberry
green buttons : i used distress paint
gold buttons : i used gold color shine with gold paint.
(the only reason i did this is cause i didn't have these colors in my stash, but i have a lots of white and clear buttons so this worked out great :), i wish it could have turned out a bit neater, but after i added the floss i guess it looks ok)
for my water-coloring : Mardi Gras title
i'm not very good at this. this is what i did :
1. i printed a Mardi gras doodle by doodlesave in a smaller size and fussy cut it.
2. painted it with water-colors. (note to self : next time use water-color paper instead of regular cardstock, the water makes the cardstock warp a lot)
3. i then outlined everything with black water-proof marker. (though i didn't have any bleeding of the printer ink, the lines were very faded, that's why the outlining.)
4. lastly i applied a thin layer of Glossy accents (i love this stuff :) i did this to saturate the colors a bit and give it a sheen which made it look a little cooler :)). Since Glossy accents is water-based i recommend dry-brushing it and working quickly.
for my stitching : i didn't use any pre-made stitching guides. i just let the element shapes guide me and poked holes around it.
1. on the heart element - i stitched the buttons. stuck it on my LO. then made holes around the heart and did a straight stitch to accent it.
2. 3 cross-stitches to the top-right : did this to bring in the purple. i lightly drew 3 X's. poked the holes. rubbed my marking and did the stitch.
3. banner : did this to add a little festive look. i first drew a line where i wanted my banner to be. then used the ek-success banner punch out as a guide punched holes. And then did a back-stitch.
hope u like my LO and please do try some water-coloring and hand-stitching on u'r projects, it is really fun.
Thank-u for stopping by. :)